Old 16-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Jim Lewis

Nina wrote:
Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

I am not familiar with the species "Star Magnolia."

Magnolia stellata. Of all the magnolias, it's the only one you might
possibly want to try as a bonsai, but I doubt it will cooperate about
branch placement. Original poster: is this really about needing one
branch, or is the trunk too long? You might need to "top off" the
plant to fix this, only I don't know what a magnolia will do if you top
it off.

It will sprout all kinds of buds below the trunk.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++