Old 16-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Philip Lewis

"Philip Lewis" wrote:
William Wagner writes:
No rusting junk about here just many bored barking dogs.

worse than junk in my opinion... you can look away/go inside to get

"Doug Kanter" writes:
Don't you have an animal control resource, and local ordnances which address
barking dogs?

I imagine that there are... but i'd want to take the step of talking
to the neighbor first--- and for me, that would mean keeping an
infraction diary so i can point out specific instances so i can answer
questions of "when?!" --- which comes down to too much work at this
level of annoyance. I was mostly commiserating with Mr Wagner.

All in all, I think It bothers my wife more than it does me... but
even I was upset over the the various 3-6 am extended ( 10 minutes)
barking sessions. (the neighbor works odd hours). Usually by morning
I have better things to do than track the neighbor down.

It hasn't been quite as bad lately (perhaps because it's been winter,
and all the windows were shut making it less noticeable.) She also
lost a dog within the last year or so, and though that dog didn't
start the barking usually, the dogs fed off each other's barking
and the sessions would last longer.

For some reason, sound pollution seems to me to be more egregious an
offense than clutter and/or weeds...

I *have* suggested to her that 7:30am might be a little early for
yardwork involving power lawn tools, though.... mostly because i was
leaving for work, and I knew my wife was still sleeping.

I try to do most of my gardening with hand tools.
Anyone have good push mower tune up tips? (partially rhetorical
question, the mower is in reasonable shape now... and i havn't done my
part by googling first.... just trying to bring the topic back to
gardens.

There is just something soothing about the reel mower whirr.
I've considered starting a company to do "quiet" gardening using hand
or silent electric tools. wondering if it would go over, or be
prohibitively expensive.

--
be safe.
flip