Old 16-06-2005, 07:30 PM
LJ

Actually, I read in another forum that cats have been known to scratch their
eyes out after an encounter with hot pepper.

"Ed" wrote in message ...
Hot pepper brine - not at them, but around the deck area.
Also help keep squirrels off my grapes when the shoots
are tender. I make a solution using hot peppers in
vinegar and then into a spray bottle. Strategic
spraying does the job. Their eyes act like ours do
when cutting onions well before it actually irritates
them.

Who's the jerk who said airgun? - they work on a-holes
as well, especially in the face. The poster is likely
looking for humane solutions. I'm looking forward to see
the fate of the two youth who assasinated a grounhog pup
today and then tried at the mother [failed] - using paintball
guns. 6 months in jail is at stake for these moronic
17- and 18-year olds. I hope they get to take IN the
WHOLE experience while incarcerated if know what I mean.

Sandy wrote:

My granny has a phobia about cats,,,,how can I keep them away from her

deck?
I tried putting mothballs in her lawnchairs, didn't work.....is there
anything I can spray that would keep them away?
Thanks for all advice.