Old 16-06-2005, 07:02 PM
2Rowdy

Message ,
by author KerplunKuK aka
inspired me,
I live in Cambridgeshire in the UK and I have a 5m x 5m x 1m pond.
The water is perfectly clear and clean, and I have varied plants
and oxygenating weed.
The problem I am having is an excess of green slimy weed. It
appears on a daily basis and gets everywhere. I have tried
removing all of it but I can't keep up.
The pond is stocked with mostly goldfish and koi and has two aquatic
turtles. The pond has not full sunlight but is not shaded.

Thanks for any help.

You feed your fish more than the plants can handle.
There should be a balance between fishfood and plants. If it isn't in
balance you get the green soup, i.e plants that fill the gap.

Refresh the pond, 10% each week, drain from the bottom if possible.
Use an airbubble pump during filling of the fresh water.
That doesn't bring the balance back.

Install a good filter, redude the number of fish or feed them less.
Feeding tip: 5 minutes max a day and they should eat it all in that
time.
The fish are well capable to survive a week without food.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
Newsgroups Are used to spread virusses.