Old 16-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

/damson tree/

You don`t see that many of em nowadays do you. The old feller next door
has a nice looking tree but zero fruit on it. I`ve offered to prune it
to try and get some fruiting wood on it next year (part of my graduation
to fruit tree care).

Too many have been ripped up.

Too many old types of fruit have been ripped-up. The big orchards can't
sell (economically) fruit to supermarkets because they want them all the
same size, and owners of small orchards of older varieties can't fins a
market at all - or at least, only locally.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/