Old 16-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Robbin

Lynda

I wasn't offended -- jsut making a strong point that it's summer and the
circadas are here!

Welcome to Texas!

Robbin

"Lynda LeCompte" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 07:03:46 -0500, Rusty Mase wrote:

Lynda, you will note that those of us who have grown up or adapted to
conditions in Texas are not tolerant of even the least hint of
criticism of our situation.

Well, I'm sorry if I offended. However, they are very much noticeable (by
other native Texan residents also) when, like I said, our yard is the only
yard in the entire neighbourhood that is hosting the cicadas. While
ambling around the neighbourhood, enjoying the peace and quiet and you
start to hear the cicadas distinctive cry, there may as well be a big
fluorescent sign in the sky with an arrow pointing to our house saying,
'Cicadas live here' - hehe.

Oh well, if there's no getting rid of them, then we'll just continue to be
the popular residents that we are. Everyone loves us for our cottonwood
tree too. We have it all :-)

Thanks for the input folks.