Old 23-10-2002, 03:23 PM
Natalie

Default Turf

"Susan" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am after some advice which I know you are all very good at supplying : )
Keep up the good work.

I have looked at the Faq for lawns but can see nothing on the best time of
year to lay a turf lawn. I live in West London if that makes any

difference.

I have been told that from now through to march is a good time to lay a

new
turf lawn. Is this correct?

I have fears that the frost will kill it off or it will become water

logged
before it can get established. As it is a costly thing to do I do not want
to invest the money now if the lawn will just be killed off over the

winter.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Susan
ICQ: 40376837

I have just laid some turf at school and it is doing very well. It is
probably best to check with local suppliers to see what turf is available.

HTH

Natalie