Old 17-06-2005, 12:06 AM
San Diego Joe

"tom A" wrote:

snip

in one of my ponds I have what I think is a ARROW plant

its leaves have a Arrow shape.

You mean arrow head right?

and it puts out what looks like a stem
with a what looks like its going to be a blossom (flower) but it never
opens and then sags into the water and decays :-(

is this NORMAL ??

I have several of those and they bloom like crazy although the flower is
unremarkable: just white with a yellow stamen. They need full sun. Are they
loose in the pond or in pots? If in pots you could try "superblooming" them
with a high phosphate fertilizer (like 10-50-10), phosphate is the middle
number.

Do you get good bloom on your water lilies and other plants?

Good luck,

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.