Old 23-10-2002, 03:24 PM
John Towill

Default Cause of curdless caulies?

Thanks for all the replies, I guess I shall have to just wait until the
spring and see how they go. I cannot remember if they were Spring, I
thought I'd kept the seed packets, but can't find them. :-(
My sprouts are doing very well, and I have cabbage heads that are very
wasteful, the last one I cut weighed 5 1/2lbs after cutting off the outer
leaves, takes some eating does that! :-)

"Serendipity" wrote: Many moons ago, as a young man, someone told me that
the secret of firm sprouts was firm soil.

My father also advocated that, in fact he reckoned if you had to plant
sprouts with a crowbar they would flourish. I grew some very successfully
when I simply skimmed the weeds off a plot that had been fallow for years.

Bob wrote: How many times have I said to Sue "that useless plant just has
to go" and a
week later it's flowering etc.,
Would this be best done the 31st October? ;-)
Cheers
John T