Old 16-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Kay

In article .com,
writes
I garden in Devon and I have 4 or 5 plants (grown from seed) which have
an unusual shaped flower at the very top of the spike. Instead of a
downward hanging or horizontal bell it is a large upward facing cup.
Anybody seen this before? Any suggestions where else I could check?

Do a google groups search - there was something on this in urg a couple
of weeks back, though I think that was a circular rosette of flowers
rather than a single one.

I was reminded of that thread as today I noticed two plants in Rugby
with exactly what you have described - a rather ugly cup shaped flower
about an inch and a half across as the very top flower of the spike.
--
Kay