Old 17-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Doug Kanter

"Ann" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Well....sounds like it's all a matter of individual opinion, then.

Yes, it is. My opinion is I mind my own business (I'm not telling you
to mind yours, I'm just saying what I feel, and how I live). I've
said throughout this thread I wouldn't live in a managed area, that
seems to drive some people to hysterics. So what? So I don't want to
live like that. Others do. Whatever.

Well, I think it's clear that if someone wants to cut down a tree because
they want more sun, or they just hate raking, that's one thing. But, cutting
one down because you THINK it's diseased, when in fact it's totally normal
and healthy - that's just plain stupid. Since most people want to see some
indication of expertise before they accept advise, I think it's a good idea
for townships to offer that advise.

What if the permit is free, but requires a 5 minute look at the tree and a 5
minute talk with the property owner, just to be sure they're not cutting it
down for stupid reasons? Would that be OK with you?