Old 17-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Reel Mckoi

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I did have *another* indoor tank , about a year ago, that no matter WHAT I
did I could not get the balance correct in the tank, there was always
presence of ammonia in it, even with trying to do the balance thing with a
small fish,, water changes etc. it was a nightmare, I tried asking for
advice on the fish groups, but nothing seemed to help. I guess the tank is
cursed.

=====================
The few times I've run into that problem I gave up, cleaned the tank out,
washed the gravel, tosses the filter material way and started over again.
The second time around they always cycled... but then I don't mess much with
the PH, etc. In NYC we had slightly acid water (6.8) so I stuck with fish
that thrived in acid water or used dolomite gravel. Here in TN it's
slightly alkaline so I stick with fish that prefer that type of water. Less
stress for the fish and myself. Outdoors it's the koi, rosy reds and
goldfish. Indoors it's platys right now. Goldfish do so much better
outdoors I don't keep them indoors anymore.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.