Old 17-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Jim Lewis

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
In a message dated 6/17/2005 1:26:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'd at least suggest they might be fungus gnat larvae. Let the soil dry
out as much as you dare. Insecticides are of limited usefulness.

While this is always possible the poster mentioned slime trails such as
those left by slugs or snails. That is why whoever mentioned slugs did so.

Yes. The slime trails are definitive for slugs or snails.
Both only harm leaves, though and you should see chewed
leaves if there are enough to do damage.

And as far as the nematodes someone suggested go, I'm sure
they work, but it's easier to just not water as much. ;-)

Jim Lewis -
- This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++