Old 17-06-2005, 05:28 PM
nina

Travis wrote:
nina wrote:
Bourne Identity wrote:
On 15 Jun 2005 19:07:24 -0700, "nina" opined:

Good question. AFAIK all morning glories are perennial in warm
climates. Are the ones called "perennial" cold hardy or something?
My morning glories have been growing since January and show no
sign of stopping.I have heard they can become enormous here in
the tropics.

For the most part you are right. However, most morning glories in
warm climates reseed, and are not perennial. The term perennial
means that some part of the plant remains alive during the cold
season...even in the tropics. In this instance, this plant does
not reseed, it comes back from the roots.

Ipomoea acuminata 'Blue Dawn'

Thanks! I have regular annual reseeding MG's growing right now.
AFAICS they wil grow and grow and grow. I wonder when they will
die,we dont have a cold season here.
We also have what appear to be wild perennial creeping MGs too.

Wild creeping MGs might be Field Bindweed.
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/WEEDS..._bindweed.html

I am not sure. We had those in Colorado. But I amnot sure if those are
also here in Puerto Rico, they seem to be similar to bindweed but
_not_.