Old 17-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Ottawa

Ahh, Itelligent designer theory. I see someone is read up
"Repeating Rifle" wrote in message
in article , Steve at
wrote on 6/17/05 6:57 AM:

I was just reading some of the posts in the recent "cats?" thread. The
discussion turned to hot pepper and it reminded me of something I have
been wondering about.

Plants produce fruit for only one reason, right? To attract an animal to
eat it and carry the seeds away to new locations. So why did hot peppers
evolve to be so hot? It's almost like there must be an advantage to the
plant to repel animals and keep the seeds from spreading. Well, that
can't be. Is there an animal that is attracted to the hotness? I think I
remember that birds aren't affected by hot peppers. Is that the key to
my little mystery?

Steve

Evolve? It must be intelligent design! After all, an anthropomorphic God
enjoys a good laugh when someone is tricked into eating one of those bitty
black things as well as the next guy.

Bill