Old 18-06-2005, 02:09 AM
John Savage

supajosh writes:
Hi everyone, I'm having bindi issues at the moment, and wondering what
the best time to attack them would be. I've got some hortico bindi and
clover killer, but there's a fair few popping up so I'm worried they
might be a bit too established. any suggestions? Cheers, Josh.

Any time before they flower and begin to set seed I'd say. :-)
Wait until most of the seeds have sprouted so that you hit the lot if
you are going to spray. But I agree with others, start pulling some out
by hand. Aim to do 1 just sq m per day and see how you progress.

An eco-friendly method to get rid of clover, according to Graham Ross
(of Ch 7's gardening tv program) is to water with superphosphate solution.
The excess of nitrogen in the super overwhelms the clover (which can
synthesise all its nitrogen needs and this excess results in its death)
but its effect on other grasses that don't fix nitrogen is as a fertiliser.

Obviously you won't be seeing our Ch 7 programs there in the UK though.