Old 17-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Ann

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Hey...I just noticed...you said "McMansion". You don't like developers who
build homes that are as ugly as a fat persons butt in hideous pink sweat
pants two sizes too small? Would it please you to have some sort of
architectural review process before someone could build one of those nasty
homes and clear cut everything in sight?

Oh, I can't see controlling it any better than what some of the towns
around here are doing, which is at least one acre zoning (although now
some towns have gone to two) with limits on how much land can be eaten
up by foundation - but that's control I really don't like. The
teardowns are pretty sad, too, a perfectly lovely cape over on Powder
Point in Duxbury (we call it Deluxebury) was moved to make room for a
huge palace (that no doubt will block the view of someone who already
lives there).....More people, more rules.

But see, one of my evil dreams is to buy a house on Main Street in
Hingham, paint it orange and black, with a nice loud Harley parked in
the tin shed out front - the apoplexic fits thrown would be worth the
price of admission ;-
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts