Old 24-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Derek Turner

Default Muntjack Deer

On 23 Oct 2002 19:08:06 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

What you need is a .243 or larger. There are very strict regulations
about the minimum calibre and foot-poundage of rounds used to kill
deer of any species, though in IMNSHO they are way OTT for muntjack,
having been legislated with native species in mind. You need somone
with an open license (allowing them to shoot anywhere) firing
downwards: i.e. someone who REALLY knows what he/she is doing. I'm
told it is delicious but I've never eaten it.

You have contradicted yourself thoroughly.

Sorry, I should have said 'what you need (to stay within the law) is
a....

The APPROPRIATE weapon
is a .22 magnum, as you seem to be aware of from the above paragraph;

vbg

the fact that it is illegal is irrelevant.

Not if I want to keep my firearms certificate, it's not!

And I stand by the rest of the paragraph.

--
Derek Turner

The english summer consists of three fine days and a thunderstorm. - Charles II