Old 24-10-2002, 08:42 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Muntjack Deer

In article ,
Derek Turner writes:

| Sorry, I should have said 'what you need (to stay within the law) is
| a....
|
| The APPROPRIATE weapon
| is a .22 magnum, as you seem to be aware of from the above paragraph;
|
| vbg
|
| the fact that it is illegal is irrelevant.
|
| Not if I want to keep my firearms certificate, it's not!
|
| And I stand by the rest of the paragraph.

No dissention there. Using any firearm in a "group of six retirement
bungalows" isn't something that you want some half-trained idiot
doing. And I regard 99% of the gun-toting UK police as being
half-trained at best, and the Home Office as being idiots at best.

I am more scared by those lunatics carrying submachine guns around
Heathrow than I am of terrorists, because I have some idea of what
would happen if they fired them in a concourse.

Bring back lynx to the south east of England - our ecology needs
them, BADLY!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679