Old 18-06-2005, 03:40 AM
DigitalVinyl

or prickly lettuce...
This one has very distinct characterstics, the thorny ribbing and the
white latexy inside of the stem. Should be an easy ID in the morning.

DigitalVinyl wrote:

I was looking at cleaning up this strip of abandoned ground in one
corner... the one with the big poke weed. Amongst them are these ...
well I think giant dandelions. Out of curiosity I went searching for a
type that grows this huge.

They look a lot like dandelions only they are about 2 feet round
plants, and about 18' tall. It is growing a tight cluster of flower
buds on a single stem--about a dozen buds forming. Kind of a
dandelion on steroids. Also the leaves branch out, but they otherwise
look like a giant dandelion.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph