Old 18-06-2005, 02:24 PM

In a message dated 6/18/05 9:16:48 AM, STEVEW70146 writes:
i had problems with Hawthorn. I have Junipers and Crab Apple. I had a few
Hawthorn in training, but it developed this odd growth which I think was rust.

Rust in the Rosaceae is orange spots on the leaves. Odd growths are usually
galls.

Between these and the crab apples they were wreaking havoc on my Junipers.

It is usually the other way around.

Eventually I had to let the hawthorns die off. I was cutting more than it
was lending to its appeal
*what do you spray on your trees to control rust.

Orthenex.

Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++