Old 18-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Doug Kanter

"Spud Demon" wrote in message
Philip Lewis writes in article
dated 16 Jun 2005 15:15:50 -0400:
All in all, I think It bothers my wife more than it does me... but
even I was upset over the the various 3-6 am extended ( 10 minutes)
barking sessions. (the neighbor works odd hours). Usually by morning
I have better things to do than track the neighbor down.

Why wait until morning? If the neighbor's dog barks at nighttime, call
her
on the phone right away. If she's working, the voicemail will record the
time so you don't have to think about it. If she doesn't hear the barking
because she's watching TV or something, maybe she will put a stop to it.
If she's sleeping peacefully through all the commotion and you're not,
wake
her.

Even better: Get someone else to handle the problem for you. Call the cops,
and keep calling them every time the stupid dog barks in the middle of the
night. They HATE dealing with this kind of stuff, so they, in turn, will get
all over the animal control people, and if there are existing laws for
dealing with barking vermin, the barking will stop, or the dog will be
hauled off to the pound, where it will soon be put to death. That's the
right solution.