Old 18-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Derek
Turner writes

Margaret, unless you want a big increase in spam I would cancel that
post ASAP and re-do it using margaret98atntlworlddotnet. There are
robots out there scanning newsgroups for live email addresses!

I disagree Derek. Whilst I think the habit of spelling out the address
is useful, it's irritating to find people posting under a daft title so
that if you want to contact them about their posting you have to go
through the newsgroup. Sometimes (though admittedly not often) I have
wanted to reply but slightly OT for this group. For example to offer
cuttings or seedlings of a plant, (|I haven't got enough for everyone so
don't want to publish it to the group!)

A good program like mailwasher should cope with most Spam.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph