Old 18-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Spider
writes
Hi Pammy,

There is a bi-generic cross called x-laburnocytisus (sp?). I believe
there is a pink flowering form arising from the cytisus relative.
However, I would have expected the leaves to remain close to those
expected of the Leguminacae family. Also, I would be doubtful of
successful flowering in woodland conditions, from these two sun-loving
genera.

Try a google on x-laburnocytisys. In the meantime, I will keep my
thinking cap on.

+Laburnocytisus is more likely (touch formica) to give a positive
result.

30 feet is on the large size of Laburnum anagyroides (Stace says 25
feet), but there's probably room for error in the estimate here, and
Laburnum alpinum is bigger. So, it's unlikely that one would find a
+Laburnocytisus of this size, especially in a wood.

My first thought was Rose Acacia, Robinia hispida, but that's much
smaller. Cercis, already mentioned, is the other purple-flowered legume
in Mitchell, but its leaves are nothing like plum-like. (I wondering if
it's leaflets of a pinnate or ternate leaved legume that are
individually like the leaves of a plum.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley