Old 18-06-2005, 04:20 PM
joe

Jay & Mary Julson wrote:
Here are some pictures I took of holes left by the Plugr.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img_view...erator67fv.jpg I hope this helps. Jay

I tried the plugr for the first time a few days ago. Works well with no
where near the peripheral damage as caused by a rotary aerator. In soft
ground it doesn't want to self propel esp up hill so I had to push a
little to limit damage to the berm around the putting surface of my
greensward. Also causes slightly more disruption around corners, still
less than rotary going straight though. In the future I will aerate
when the ground is a little harder & dryer and go in straight line on
the green. I would recommend for grasses that don't recover from damage
quickly over a rotary aerator or critical areas where minor surface
damage is unacceptable.
But I am not a pro landscaper. so YMMV