Old 24-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Mike

Default Ivy covered tree

In article , Carol Russell Russells@
queenborough42.freeserve.co.uk writes
I have a tree badly covered with ivy. Is the correct procedure to sever the
ivy, pull it off the tree and then dig out the ivy roots.

Carol you have seen all the 'Tree Huggers' replies and what should and
should not be done. Well, as someone else has pointed out, it is 'your'
garden for a few years for you to do what you wish, so do what 'you'
want to do.

We had a very old Apple Tree in our last garden and just like your tree
it had a lot of Ivy growing up it. I cut the Ivy stem and kept the tree
clear.

The Earth is reputed to be 36 Thousand Million Years old. How long has
'Man' been on it? Well it has been said that if the age of the Earth is
related to a 24 hour clock, we have been on this Earth since 23.59.30.

It doesn't matter what you as 'an individual' do, Nature will 'correct'
it after you have gone:-((

Look at the Twyford Gap on the M3 near Winchester, colouring over all
ready :-))

Mike
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup.