Old 18-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:08:49 GMT, Jeff wrote:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

Re the discussion a while ago as to whether blueberries need a
pollinator, did any of you see the item on blueberries on GW tonight,
from GW Live at the NEC?
The lady who runs a blueberry nursery said that you must have 2
different varieties. Well, I only have one, and it has a heavy crop of
fruit. No, none of my neighbours grows blueberries. This is the 3rd
year I have had a good crop.
Any opinions why?

Are you getting blueberry and black currant mixed up? Blackcurrants
need no pollinator and are setting fruit now, but blueberries are much
later so I'm surprised you have a heavy crop already. My blueberries are
only just flowering.

Janet

There's at least one blueberry that self-pollinates - that's the reason
I bought mine, unfortunately I can't remember it's name :-(

I've got 2 plants that have cropped heavily for the past 6 years.
They both set fruit this year about 2 weeks ago (and that's in the NE of
England!)
Perhaps you've got the same type as me?

Jeff

Could be. Mine MIGHT be Top Hat, but it might not! The fruit is just
beginning to show a hint of coulour. It is loaded with fruit.

Pam in Bristol