Old 18-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Kay

In article , Stan The Man
writes

Quite a lot of threads in this newsgroup get taken miles off topic by a
certain group of people who presumably think that their banter is of
interest to the majority. Some of these same individuals are very quick
to criticise others who put a foot wrong so am I right in assuming
therefore that off-topic posts are permitted/encouraged in
uk.rec.gardening?

If you were to list all those who have taken threads off topic, you
would get a very disparate group indeed (one that would include both
Janet Baraclough and Mike Crowe for a start).

I think you must therefore assume that OT posts are a widespread habit
in urg.

I certainly don't imagine that *any* of my posts, on or off topic, are
of interest to the *majority*. Is this how you view your posts?
--
Kay