Old 18-06-2005, 11:18 PM
mbwest mbwest is offline
Registered User

Thanks for the help again, i went to B&Q and it was good, good stuff and good prices.

I ended up buying WAY too much and had to pay a cab to take half.

I got 5x100ltr bags of bark chipping, it says per bag it covers 4sqm, so I also think i need about the same again.

I got 5x35ltr top soil bags at about £3 each.

I got a long 'claw'.

I got that fine sand i was looking for, about £1 and also managed to get the cement and builders sand i needed to raise the level of the wall.

Oh and i also accidently brought 6x20ltr bags of compost. Ooops. I thought it was top soil but that was in the smaller bags only. Never mind. I also spent 20mins in "instore" believing i was in B&Q (same colour codes etc) and complained that it said they were open for another 2hrs when they shut.

I also looked for weed and feed and all of the boxes said you need to wait for atleast 6months until you can use it on new lawn. - Is this usual.

I also got some slow release fertiliser granuals to sprinkle into the soil. good idea? bad idea?

So i should be giving the garden another go tomorrow and hopefully, FINALLY getting those seeds down.

Let me know if you have any suggestions/last minute tips and thankyou for all your help!

Yes the prices of beer in Westminster are terrible but fortunatly there are still a few student bars i can go to, but i do notice the difference as i regularly shoot with the army where it is about 70p a pint!