Old 19-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Toni

"Rev "Fragile Warrior"" wrote in message

Slip a piece of nylon stocking over your wire mesh. You'll have to clean

it
often, though. Maybe even daily.

There is a device called a "filter sock" sold in fish supply stores simply
for this purpose. They are sold in varying degrees of weave so that the
cleaning schedule can be relaxed a tad bit.
Also- pool supply stores sell an adjustable net bag type thing ( to fit
Jerry-Vacs) that works very well for this purpose and is much cheaper that
specialty stores. I have several of them in place in my reef system and they
work extremely well.

--
Toni
South Florida USA