Old 19-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Doug Kanter

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Wolf Kirchmeir contains these words:

extincted wrote:

This vegans a closing their intel to this horse important product,
while
they eat food which is grown on it, or for example electricity use
which
is also product of far more polution, radiation, coal, weird

What's really wierd is that so many people don't recognise irony when
they see it.
I guess literature just isn't taught in schools anymore.
Just "language arts."

If his garbled post was the product of "language arts" teaching, your
education system is deep in the "horse important product".

We already know this to be the case. Last week, my son's school ran an
evening orientation event for students who're considering taking AP
(advanced placement) courses next semester. The printed material from the AP
English teacher contained two spelling errors and a handful of word/phrase
combinations which were questionable, at best. They were the type of thing
which, if your child wrote them, you'd say "Now....those work, but they're
awkward. They don't 'read well'. Let's talk about this and see if we can
make them more elegant".