Old 19-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Wilmdale

*muffin* wrote:

I have been looking at a some of the koi websites that show the different
colors , etc. & even with all the different choices, I can only find ONE
that matches what I have in my pond!

guess mine are all the rejects & mutts they have left over!

mine vary so much in different colors, I have no idea what they would fit
into! plus , I guess I am surprised, since I would think there would only be
definite colors for each species , but the quality OF the patterning would
be the determining factor.. but I have some koi, like one that is yellowish
& has black & orange speckling on it, which according to the charts would be
some kind of mutation! (lol) not a darn thing close to THAT coloration!

are YOUR koi perfectly matched of species? or do you have mutts too?
pictures? ( I must get some taken of mine)

Mostly "mutts" from the pet store. The $3.56 - $5.00 variety. They are
a beautiful array though. Some yellow ones, white, one blue one with
red belly I paid $10.00 for at a locally owned and run pet store, some
blue and white, blue, orange, and white, some gold, and some blue and
orange, etc. About 27-30 in all. None over 10" yet.
W. Dale