Old 19-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Reel Mckoi

"*muffin*" wrote in message
I have been looking at a some of the koi websites that show the different
colors , etc. & even with all the different choices, I can only find ONE
that matches what I have in my pond!

guess mine are all the rejects & mutts they have left over!

mine vary so much in different colors, I have no idea what they would fit
into! plus , I guess I am surprised, since I would think there would only

be
definite colors for each species , but the quality OF the patterning would
be the determining factor.. but I have some koi, like one that is

yellowish
& has black & orange speckling on it, which according to the charts would

be
some kind of mutation! (lol) not a darn thing close to THAT coloration!

are YOUR koi perfectly matched of species? or do you have mutts too?
pictures? ( I must get some taken of mine)

Some of mine match the pictures in the books I have, and other's don't. As
I cull them out each year I keep the prettiest ones and sell or trade those
less colorful or with less attractive shapes. I want what pleases me and
not the koi judges in Japan. :-)

I especially like the metallic butterfly koi.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.