Old 19-06-2005, 09:02 PM
~Roy~

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:39:02 -0600, Wilmdale
wrote:

===Courageous wrote:
===
===4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.

snip

I don't think there is anything as too big when it comes to a pond
except when it comes to pumps and filters, then it can really make a
ponds cost add up due to increased sizes needed........The more water
the more stabile a pond is, and less swings for it to go thorugh with
rainfalls, temps etc

I have been contemplating enlarging my pond or at least making another
pond directly in front of the one I have now and using any overflow
from the original pond to spill in and fill up the hopefully new
additonal pond. This new pond will be approx 3x the size of the pond
thats there now.......All the dirt that is removed to construct it
would be used to build up around all the ponds and prevent any creek
water from overflowing into them........

A fellow in FLorida is in th processof making one huge concrete koi
pond which is approximately 90 inches deep IIRC.........the center
island is his vortex area and it is over 14 feet in
diameter........some of his PVC pipes run are 8 inch and 12 inch
diameter. He has an entire wall above ground with large viewing
windows of approximately 3 x 4 feet in size.......About 2/3rds of the
pond is below grade with with the balance above grade, or even with
the grade. He just started to fill it about 2 days ago so where
waiting to hear how it fares out in regards to leaks around his
viewing windows etc............

He used a product whose name I forgot , that is mixed in with stucco
or plaster. As moisture gets into it, it changes its properties and
becomes unpermeable. It also has self healing properties, so if you
get a crack this material will effectively seal any cracks........push
come to shove, if it does not turnout to work as advertised, he can
always use sanitred or a polyurea on it which from what I understand
is his backup plan.

"The original frugal ponder"