Old 19-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Sacha

On 19/6/05 18:08, in article ,
"Susan" wrote:

"Steve - wrote
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Spot on up here in Bolton. My banana leaves are shredded to pieces due to
large hail stones, flattish and slightly smaller than a 10p piece. Then high
winds, heavy rain and constant non-stop thunder for about half an hour.
Never heard anything like it before - weird.

Very hot and sunny here today but now at just after 6pm, it's humid and
clouded over. It feels as if it could thunder and rain but we've had a few
evenings like that and then nothing has happened. Our 'Oregon Scientific B
arometer' has told us all day that it's raining and cloudy and that the
pressure is level. I think I really must try to find the instruction
booklet!
--

Sacha