Old 25-10-2002, 12:19 AM
Mary Fisher

Default Bubble insulation

Well, we spend half a day installing bubble wrap insulation in the
greenhouse. It all went well and it's certainly very cosy in there now.

But what about ventilation?

We had to remove the cylinders which work the automatic vents and can't even
open the vents manually because they're shrouded by the insulation.

The louvre would be easy, just cut a panel of the insulation so that it can
be rolled up to expose the louvre. Any other ideas will be welcome.

What about the door? At the moment the bubbles hang from the sloping roof in
two pieces which part when we go through the door but if there's a better
way I'll be happy to hear it.

We're not short of bubbles, got a 50m x 800 cm (I think) roll for about £16,
it will last many years!

Mary