Old 19-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Kay

In article , david taylor
writes
Trees in the auracaria family are very beautiful when growing well-we have a
small monkey puzzle growing out of doors and two Norfolk Island pine in a
conservatory.
My elder daughter's in laws have two monkey puzzles groing in and exposed
position in Cheshire.
These tree have developed a ugly mushroom shapes with top branches densely
crowded. I think this is where the tree has grown above the shelter of a
tall hedge and become exposed to strong winds blowing in from the marshes

No, it's their final mature shape. Well, it is if they're about 60 ft
high. If they're only 20 ft, your explanation is better.

--
Kay