Old 25-10-2002, 07:40 AM
Tumbleweed

Default Ivy covered tree

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , ned
writes
I think ivy has to climb to
flower. A pollination requirement perhaps. I cannot recall seeing any
flowers or fruit at ground level.

We have lots of ivy growing as ground cover, mostly in shaded areas.
It flowers and seeds there in the same way as when it is climbing.

......and is a bugger to remove :-)

I wonder if I'll be destroying the planet by removing it (in progress via
black plastic over the winter*) or if I then plant something else there I
wont be destroying the planet. Or will I only be destroying the planet if I
choose what to plant therein its place? Silly tree huggers.

--
Tumbleweed

* Mind you, that is providing shelter to slugs, snails, frogs, and various
other animal life. Probably more than was provided by the ivy. What a
dilemma if I remove it.

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)