Old 19-06-2005, 11:38 PM
~Roy~

I buy what I like with or without the "papers". Besides who is it
that deterines its a mutt? Yea, maybe a real koi judge, but to each
their own. If I like it I buy it.........amndnI have yet to be
swindled into buying one I did not like to begin with. Who really
knows, one of those sick koi barely alive in Wally World could have
come from a GC.......The local koi farm here rasies tons of ornamental
fish every year, and they do not cull a thing. They are sep[erated
only according to size, and type........not quality, and the owners
make the pilgramage to Japan to buy new breeders every year.. for
stock improvement etc.....and do not show koi but know full well what
a good koi should have....

Oh and in case your wondering about the only papers that may come with
any Koi no matter how much it cost is a bill of sale...........no
papers certifying any genetics or lineage, only the Japanese koi
farmers word as to its origins and breeding.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:37:30 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us
wrote:

===On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 06:49:56 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:
===
===are YOUR koi perfectly matched of species? or do you have mutts too?
===pictures? ( I must get some taken of mine)
===
===Of course they're mutts, you don't get papers till you spend a few grand.
===;-) I'm similar, having ogons, bekkos, doitsu, gin rin sanke and a lot of
===odds & ends. ~ jan
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

"The original frugal ponder"