Old 19-06-2005, 11:52 PM
andrewpreece

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Boseley
writes

"Brendy" wrote in message

Could you please tell me if this is a weed? Should I pull them all

out?
Thanks for the help.

|Filename: Picture 290.jpg |
|Download:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2810|

Brendy

I think it is called Rose Bay Willow Herb, I believe it is from Canada
originally, If it was in my garden I would pull it out.

I don't think it's rosebay. Leaves paler green and not so glossy. I
think it's broad-leaved.

I agree, probably Broad-Leaved Willow Herb. This has an unremarkable flower
display and I would pull it out. Leaving aside their tendency to be
invasive, the only
two WillowHerbs that I think make a charming floral display are Rose-Bay
Willow
Herb, which can be seen in great clumps along the motorways in August, and
Great
Willowherb, AKA 'Codlins and Cream'.

Andy.