Old 25-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Help! Fruit and Veg comp for 2003

"david" wrote in
:

Hi Jane
I presume you want to hold a competition for the allotment holders and
not a full scale flower show.
Now the first thing you have to do is to think how many of you there
are on the site, or do you want other allotment sites taking part?

Yes definitely pin down in advance exactly who is allowed to enter, and
make sure no-one enters who doesn't fit the criteria.

Our village show, apart from the fruit, veg, and handicrafts, had a
'children's pet' competition. O, the heartbreak, when it was found that
the winning entrant was NOT FROM THE VILLAGE, and therefore not allowed to
win. Poor kid had her rosette taken off her & her puppy, and awarded to
the runner up (it was a pet lamb, in case you were wondering)...

Definitely give a range of things requiring different skill sets to enter,
otherwise you may end up with one Monstrous Vegetable grower walking off
with everything - we had this for several years, and it ended up that few
other people would bother to enter.

Victoria Clare