Old 20-06-2005, 11:20 AM
stejeb stejeb is offline
Registered User

Location: Westbury,Wiltshire
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatK
I know maybe this isn't the newsgroup to ask this question but you all
seem pretty intelligent to me. I was driving past a man made lake today
and was wondering... If big enough and left long enough, would a body of
water eventually get fish in it? If so, how would would they get there?
I thought about bird droppings, which would work for seeds, but not for
fish eggs. Maybe this is a silly question but I thought I'd ask and
see if anybody here knows the answer.

Pat
Well, it would probably take a little while for any to evolve, but I suppose the usual way for them to get in somewhere like that would be because of nearby rivers flooding, unless it was near the Everglades and has fish capable of crawling over-land.