Old 20-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Ole Kvaal

Jim Lewis wrote:
Ole Kvaal wrote:

Hi.
I've just purchased a ficus (don't know anything more than that), and
just read somewhere online that it is supposed to be lowered in water,
up to the trunk, once the soil gets dry(-ish). Is this right?

(snip)

Next spend an hour or two at www.internetbonsaiclub.org in the
"Knowledge Base" section reading up on the basics of bonsai.

Ficus tend to not want to be watered TOO often. Let the soil get on the
dry side (without being parched) before you water.

Thanks a lot for your advice(s). I'll spend the rest of this day (when I
get home from work, that is) reading. I also got a copy of Thomlinson
(sp?), which spends a couple of pages on ficus.

bow,
ole k