Old 20-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Nina

I have this problem all the time with the "Bonsai Doctor" page; mostly
I get queries from newbies with their first tree, and I have to
struggle with how much to tell them about what bonsai is all about.
Usually their concern is keeping the tree alive, and they have little
interest in its future training: they assume what it looked like when
they bought it is what it will always look like- all they have to do is
water it and admire it. So generally, I just answer the question, and
as a last sentence say something about the ongoing nature of developing
a tree, and tell them to read a book on bonsai or join a local club.

Nina