Old 20-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Craig Cowing

On Jun 19, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

Second Try - sorry about the blank

Our club met yesterday, 6/18/05. The newspaper publicity said
that
experienced members would help those who brought in their trees with
design
suggestions. Public welcome.
One non member came in with her little Ficus that had been keep
indoors because it was very leggy. The trunk was pencil size or
smaller. I didn't
get close to the tree so I am not sure of the variety of Ficus. The
club member
gave her back a stick with one leaf.
He then took one of his collected Buttonwoods worth at least
$100 and
began working on it.
She left the meeting and didn't look happy.
How do the list members think something like this should be
handled?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

Assuming the owner of the tree has little or no experience with bonsai,
leaving it in a precarious position like that is irresponsible. Just my
opinion.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37