Old 20-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Hound Dog

"PatK" wrote in message
I know maybe this isn't the newsgroup to ask this question but you all seem
pretty intelligent to me. I was driving past a man made lake today and was
wondering... If big enough and left long enough, would a body of water
eventually get fish in it? If so, how would would they get there? I thought
about bird droppings, which would work for seeds, but not for fish eggs.
Maybe this is a silly question but I thought I'd ask and see if anybody
here knows the answer.

Pat

It seems the answer to your question is YES.

The article I read stated that one way bodies of water are populated with
fish is by storms scooping fish out of one place and dropping them in
another.