Old 20-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Ima Googler

Default Ivy growing in a hanging pot?

First let me say that I really dislike ivy because of all the trouble
it has caused me in the it's removal process from the backside of my
garage.

With that being said, it's a great plant in that it stays green year
round and grows nicely. We just put in a new wood fence and I want to
soften the top of the fence in one particular corner that is close to
the house. There is already ivy growing on the ground there but I keep
it as trimmed back as I can so that it doesn't attach to the house
again. Will it grow ok if I put some of it in a hanging pot and hang
it from the edge of the fence? I was thinking I could let it trail up
and over the fence just a bit. (again, keeping a close eye on it so
that it doesnt attach to the house)

I was hoping that the pot might keep it more manageable. Though, if
its anything like growing ivy in a pot indoors, I won't have much luck
with it.

Thoughts?