Old 20-06-2005, 01:40 PM
~Roy~

Default Koi mutts

As much as I like Koi and GF, I just am not into the japanese names
for them..........heck I have a hard enough time remembering who I am
yet alone what the proper jap name is for the fish..............

My preference is the black and orange patterned ones with more of a
striped pattern, like a Bengal Tiger.........then followed by the
black and white ones...of course I love any of the metalics especially
the platinum or yellow or orange.....

I have one "bengal Tiger" koi of approximately 24-26" in length that
is just a big old sweetie. When I go to the pond to feed the others
stay back, but this joker will swim right up into the grass on the
shoreline just about beaching itself, just to get a handout quicker.

When I buy koi at the koi farm or in the varous stores (usually only
store I trust here is Petsmart, as I have never had or seen a problem
with their fish) I buy it on what catches my eye.

When it comes to feeder GF I usually always try and get ones with
predominately white bodies, and red on the head or fins.........drives
the petsmart clerks batty having to weedout certain colored fish out
of a tank of hundreds of feeders which are usually just netted up and
fed to whatever without any discretion to coloration........Especially
when I go in and buy 200 hand picked feeders ..........most times they
hand me the net and say "go for it"

"The original frugal ponder"