Old 20-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:40:27 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Stockdale"
wrote:
"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Robert
writes
Does anyone know if you can get away without blanching broad beans
please?

Yes, we never freeze them. Take them young while their skins are still
tender and freeze them asap after picking.

Sorry, but this reply makes no sense .

It makes perfect sense to me!

It makes no sense - full stop. However, if you allow for a senior
moment, just substitute 'blanch' for the first 'freeze'.

Personally, I would never freeze any vegetable without blanching: there
are some (food poisoning) bacteria which may be present in vegetables
which will multiply even at freezer temperatures.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/