Old 20-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Martin Brown

Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

In article ,
(Janet Baraclough) wrote:

Are you getting blueberry and black currant mixed up?

LOL! You haven't grown blueberries, have you!

Yes, it's in the part of my post you must have forgotrn to read
before you snipped it.

Like the OP, I have just the one bush and loads of berries. I reckon
about 70% of the flowers set fruit.

At this time of year?

Yes. Even in North Yorkshire I have a full fruit set on two different
cultivars Bluecrop and Bluejay and they are only marginally behind the
black currants in size. Flowers are all long gone.

They got a torrential watering by thunderstorms yesterday. Fortunately
we live up at the top of a hill so no flooding here. It still punched
out a few bits of road with underground water pressure though.

Regards,
Martin Brown